Happy Thanksgiving to All!
Gratitude! Did you ever think we’d get to Gratitude? And I’m not talking about happiness. For me, it’s taken 17 years to make this move into Gratitude. But I’m getting closer. And so I’ve gathered a list of things that I am grateful for since Ryan’s death.
- I am Grateful that we had Ryan for 7 years.
2. I am Grateful for our little boy, Tyler, who saved us all.
3. I am Grateful for Ryan’s brothers, Trenton and Colton.
4. I am Grateful for the wisdom Ryan is still bringing to us.
5. I am Grateful for all the Undercover Angels that I’ve met along the Way.
6. I am Grateful that my faith is becoming natural to me.
Am I grateful for Ryan’s death? NO. And, by that, I mean, “Hell-No!” But, I am grateful for what God has shown me from it. It’s impossible to even say this aloud so I’ll write it–
“If I had it all to do over again, I want Ryan back now.”
But I’m beginning to see Ryan’s death differently. Looking at our 3 boys now, I realize that Ryan did not die in vain. It is so like Ryan to leave living, breathing gifts to us– the gifts of Trenton and Colton. And he’s still opening doors. He’s still changing our family and our family MAP into the future.
It’s the most unexpected gusher of Gratitude, to see Ryan’s death as I do now, knowing that I don’t have to give up the tragic sense of it. Ever.
Have a Thankful Day!
#ryanshines #myscars #childloss #thankful